- Feb 04, 2014
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 September 2021 08:16
The need for sustainable development through the provision of quality and environmentally friendly services is one of the main strategic goals of ThPA S.A.
In this context, ThPA S.A. has designed and implements an Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of the International Standard ELOT EN ISO 14001: 2015 based on its needs and aspirations and in accordance with Legal and Regulatory requirements of applicable Greek and European legislation.
ThPA S.A. is committed to:
- Comply with the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Comply with the applicable Environmental Legislation
- Operate in such a way as to ensure the prevention of pollution and the improvement of the environmental performance of the Environmental Management System
- Inform and encourage all staff about their involvement in environmental protection actions
- Systematically identify, evaluate and control all environmental aspects and impacts
- Set appropriate environmental programs and targets in order to improve environmental performance, reduce the negative and increase the positive effects of its activities
- Review environmental targets and environmental programs
- Inform and raise awareness of the port community, suppliers, contractors and passengers passing through the port, on environmental management issues
To ensure these commitments, ThPA S.A. continuously improves the Environmental Management System by using the following processes:
- Management Reviews
- Internal Audits
- Identification and evaluation of the environmental aspects of its activities and their impact
- Corrective actions
The Management and the staff of ThPA S.A. recognize the need to provide environmentally friendly services and make every effort for the continuous improvement and efficiency of the Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001:2015.
For this reason, this Policy is kept up to date, communicated to staff and made available to the public and stakeholders through ThPA SA website.
- Ship waste and cargo residues reception and management plan [pdf]